10 Activities to Help Teach Executive Functioning in Kids
|10 Fun Activities that Teach Executive Functioning to Kids|
|File Size:||538 kb|
Activities for Connecting
Additional Reading and Resources:
- Providing Emotional Support and Empathy
- Practicing Cultural Humility
- Making Room for Fun and Play
- Understanding Effective Online Communication
- Working with Others in the Mentoring Relationship
- Honoring Youth Voice and Building Power
- Building Critical Consciousness and Youth Activism
- Goal Setting and Support
- Expanding Networks of Support
Becoming a Better Mentor: Strategies to Be There for Young People
|Becoming a Better Mentor: Strategies to Be There for Young People|
|File Size:||8230 kb|
Deeper Conversation Topics
Below are a list of Conversation Topics you can have with your mentee. Whether you are meeting in-person or virtually, these topics will help create a deeper discussion between the two of you. I encourage you, as mentors, to answer these questions too with your mentee.
- Tell me about your favorite teacher.
- Talk about a time when you laughed so hard you thought you couldn't stop.
- Name something you have always wished you could do. How could you make it happen?
- Complete this sentence: One way I'd like to change the world is...
- What is the biggest mistake you've made in your life? What did you learn from it?
- What are three things about you that your friends would say make you a good friend to have?
- If you could describe your ideal day, what would it be like?
- How do you handle a situation when someone lies to you?
- What is your biggest dream? What is the first step you can take toward achieving it?
- What is a subject or topic that isn't taught in your school, but one you would really like to learn about?
- What is one thing about your cultural heritage that you are really proud of?
- What do you do when you disagree with the rules you are supposed to follow?
- When people first meet you, what do you think they see? What do you with they would see in you?
- If you could achieve only one great thing in your life, what would it be?
- You fast-forward 50 years and discover a new holiday is named in you honor. What would people be celebrating about you?
Virtual Ways to Connect During COVID
- Virtual show and tell
- Rock, paper, scissors tournament
- Make a collaborative music playlist
- Exciting Sponge
- Similar to show and tell, but you will grab an object at arms length then create a story about it.
- Build a story
- Start the story, then your mentee builds on it, continue for however many turns you would like to do.
- Watch a movie together
- Netflixparty.com or start it at the same time - Link to Netflixparty.com
- Gamepigeon App - FREE
- iMessage Game App - Link to Gamepigeon
- Houseparty App - FREE
- Game Playing App - Link to Houseparty
- ParticipACTION App - FREE
- Fun ways to help stay Active - Link to ParticipACTION
Free Virtual Tours
- 40+ Virtual Trips
- Ripley's Aquarium's Live Streams Walk With Penguins & Watch Octopus Feedings
- Virtual Museums
- Virtual Rides on Disney attractions